TL;DR: Watch this tutorial guide for a visual overview of how to download Metamask!
Holding NFTs will require the set up of a digital wallet compatible with the native blockchain of the NFT you are holding. For the Grow Gods Club NFT collection, our holders will need a digital wallet that is compatible with the Ethereum blockchain and can hold Ethereum NFTs. Popular wallets around the industry include Metamask, Coinbase Wallet, Trust Wallet and many others.
Metamask is our recommendation for GGC fans that are new to crypto, but any wallet that can hold Ethereum NFTs will suffice. This guide will cover how to set up a Metamask Wallet and deposit your Ethereum NFTs into your wallet.
Step 1: Installing Metamask
- On your chosen browser, navigate to https://metamask.io/ and click “Download now.”
- Downloading Metamask will add the wallet as an extension for your browser.
- Metamask is supported by Google Chrome, Brave Browser, Firefox and Edge.
Step 2: Once Metamask is added as a browser extension, you will see the Metamask Fox logo in your browser extensions. Click on the Metamask logo and begin the setup process.
Step 3: Create a Password, click next.
Step 4: Secure Your Wallet:
Watch the video on how to secure your Metamask wallet on the next page. Next, you will be given a backup phrase, which will be a 12-word key phrase that must be stored in a safe place and in the order that it is given to you.
- This key phrase must be kept private at all times. This is what you will use to recover your Metamask if your password is lost, and will be needed to add your Metamask wallet to other browsers and the mobile application.
- It is best practice to write your key phrase down and store it somewhere that cannot be hacked. Writing the phrase down and storing it in a safe place will suffice.
- Never share your private keys with anyone no matter the circumstance, this is a cardinal rule of crypto and NFT management. The Grow Gods Club will never ask you to share your private keys.
Write your private keys down and click next.
Step 5: Confirm your Secret Recovery Phrase
To confirm you have written your secret phrase down in the correct order, select each phrase given on the page in the order of which they were given on the prior page. When done, click confirm.
Step 6: Congratulations! Your Metamask address is now ready for use.
Disclaimer: This educational overview is provided by Sarson Funds.